I am back in Spain for another year. I will continue to do updates like I did all last year.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

My weeks at home and first week back in Spain

While I was home I did some painting:



My house on the 4th of July with all the Americana stuff we have.

As a mini vacation we took a family driving trip up to Newport, Rhode Island it was a very nice town.

"The Breakers" mansion, we took a guided tour around the house, it was interesting.


Newport is home to the tennis Hall of Fame, which we also toured.

Also while I was home I got the best present that was made by my cousin Margie.  I had been planning to make a new skirt for my vanity before I left last year.  I am no seamstress so it would have taken me forever and probably turned out like crap but she did a wonderful job!



 I have been in Spain about a week and a half and it has been fun.  I have been searching for an apartment while living in a hostel in the center of town.  The city has changed since I left because they are doing road work for the new tram so busy streets are closed.  In addition, the bus routes that I had learned last year were changed and so when I arrived at midnight last week after not getting REM sleep for 2 1/2 days I was thrown for a loop.  I eventually made it safe and sound, obviously.

This past Saturday I went to visit friends back in Tarazona but really in Torrellas (City).  In reality it is not a city it is a village of about 150 people more or less but we joke and call it a city.  The town was hosting a "Caravana de Culturas," it was a lot of fun to see the dancers and hear the music.  We also looked at the craft tables and walked around the town.

A belly dancer with an albino python around her neck.

Luckily, I think I have found an apartment overlooking La Plaza del Pilar, which is the main square of Zaragoza.  I will be relieved when it is all taken care of and I can then focus of the parties that are happening the rest of this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment