I am back in Spain for another year. I will continue to do updates like I did all last year.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Can't think of a catchy title

I'm sorry I haven't written in awhile.  I haven't had anything Earth shattering to say so I decided against posting crap just for the sake of having a blog post.  Though some of you have had another blog to entertain you since my sister is back in South Africa and she is posting again.

Classes have been great, the students have been asking me more stuff about the US that they are interested in which makes for lively discussion.  Also, the February oral exams are coming up and so in my conversation classes I have been reviewing helpful phrases for supporting your opinion and organizing your thoughts.  For a fun way to practice pronunciation I have them doing tongue twisters and it has been a lot of fun.  I told them if everyone in my conversation classes passes the oral exam I will do which ever tongue twisters they want in Spanish so they can laugh at me!  It only seems fair.

Today I started the course at the CPR.  The course is exclusive to teachers in the area, from Tarazona, Borja and other smaller villages.  I was supposed to have 9 students enrolled but 2 more students, one of them being my roommate Pedro joined tonight.  I was very nervous because teaching only a class full of teachers is a bit intimidating especially to me because I don't know the first thing about being a teacher.  I have a lot of material to work with from the language school so that is very helpful and in the end we had good discussion even though it was the first class.  Hopefully at the end I get a certificate that I taught the course and that will help me to find a summer job or a job for next school year here in Spain.

1 comment:

  1. I just tweeted your blog hehe... Anyway, I'm sure you will do fine with the class. Don't feel intimidated, they are probably just as worried about learning as you are about teaching!

    ReplyDelete