I am back in Spain for another year. I will continue to do updates like I did all last year.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ayudame! Escapé de una paella!

This weekend was Carnival, it was a lot of fun.  It was a great first experience with the celebration.  I was dressed as a langosta that was the only survivor of a seafood paella.  It was very cold out but luckily my costume was made of felt so I was warm and toasty.  Though, inside the bars it was a bit too hot, but now that you are not allowed to smoke inside bars in Spain anymore half the party was in the street anyway.  Some of the costumes that I saw were really funny.  Even though Tarazona is not known for its Carnival celebration there were still hundreds of people celebrating last night.

It was pointed out to me that I have stopped talking about the classes so I have an update about the school.  This past week were the oral exams, I sat in on a few of the exams so that I could evaluate what I think.  I only judged whether or not they spoke like a native speaker for their level.  It is extremely hard to evaluate the students because they all work so hard and so I was glad I have nothing to do with the grading.  We are back to normal classes till I am done at the end of May.

I have one photo from Carnival and will add more later.

Me in the apartment.

1 comment: