I am back in Spain for another year. I will continue to do updates like I did all last year.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter Procession

With Easter around the corner the people in Tarazona are getting ready for Holy Week or Semana Santa as they call it here.  Last night I went to the festivities in the Old Bullring and it was a lot of fun because one of my friends, Estefania plays the large drum for her church.  This is a video of her playing.

There were about 10 groups who played and 2 were from Zaragoza.  Many of the groups had small children playing with them and they were so cute to see.

You can see the different colors that the groups wear.  The colors make it festive and I've never seen anything like this procession.






When the procession through the bullring was finished they later processed through the streets of Tarazona.

No comments:

Post a Comment