I am back in Spain for another year. I will continue to do updates like I did all last year.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Monasterio de Veruela

This afternoon I got to go to the Monastery of Veruela which is a very famous monastery that is only about 10 minutes from Tarazona.  The tour was done in English by the same guide who took us around Tarazona last week.  It was extremely interesting and I took a lot of photos which are later in the post.

I am so glad the warm weather has come to stay.  Also, another aspect that I love about Spain that I had forgotten from my other trips here is how late it stays light outside.  Now, even though it is still early spring it is light out till 9 p.m., it is wonderful.

Up the stairs is where the Official Language School is located.  It is connected to the church because it is an old convent.

The Monastery

Beautiful walk up to the monastery.

The paradise garden within the monastery walls.

Bathing room and fountain.

Dining Room.

Extremely old Middle Ages tomb.

My students told me I have to confess because I have been a bad girl, haha.

The inside of the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment